Friday 28 February 2014

Quick... Dust Something!

Today is an exciting day for me; my two good friends, S and C, are coming for Lunch. I met these two lovely people through work, and we've remained friends even though I and S have now left.

I'm not a natural cleaner. I used to do better, before I married (is there a link, I wonder...?), and when I was working. But now I'm home more, it's almost as if I don't notice the piles of stuff accumulating around me.

Now, S is a bit like me when she visits; she doesn't go to look at the house, but to be with the people, and I'm always quite relaxed about S coming to visit.  C keeps her home immaculate in spite of a busy work and social schedule, and so I always feel the need to put on extra effort, although no doubt she'd tell me not to be silly if she knew!

C has just come back from Iceland (not the shop!) and I hope she'll be able to tell us wonderful things about the Northern Lights...  which, apparently, were visible in Leeds last night.
And I missed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment