Wednesday 19 February 2014

Nothing quite so inspiring as a deadline...

Tomorrow, Writers in the Rafters meets and I'm supposed to have an 1800 word short story written for them on the subject, 'Music, My Muse'. And I'm busy in the morning, meeting my friend and her four children in Leeds first. I'm really looking forward to seeing her and the children as, with one thing and another, we've not met up since before Christmas.
But it does mean this story has to be done tonight.
And it's not coming.
I have the characters - Tommo, a bit of a lad and Lucy, his long-suffering girl,friend.  And I have the song - one by The Vandals. I have the storyline.
All I'm lacking is the words...

It's a bit like having everything you need to make the best cake ever... but without an oven to bake it in. (I know at least one of you will get this analogy!)
But one thing I know; it won't get done while I'm grumbling about not writing it.
Ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment