Friday 29 November 2013

Social Butterfly...

The first half of this week has mostly been spent waiting in for parcels, working on my NaNoWriMo project, and reading, but the last couple of days have been rather social.

On Thursday, I went to see my friend S and her daft dog, Anni.  We had a lovely lunch and walked in the woods - there will be photos, at some point.  S has this brilliant idea - instead of giving just one gift to someone, she makes/finds 24 individual ones to wrap and she presents these in a beautiful box as an Advent Calendar gift. It means something every day and the thought and time she puts into this is amazing.

Today started with a visit to my father-in-law with shopping.  He's not the chattiest of chaps, but that's okay.  From there, I met my friend the lovely H-with-the-extra-E for lunch and we had a good catch-up chat. We both laughed far too loudly and at one point I found myself singing nursery rhymes for her to add to her collection of songs to sing her grandchildren.  In turn this led to my rendition of 'Puff, the Magic Dragon', which she had never heard before and which is not strictly PC... Nice to hear her laugh, though!

This was followed by an hour and a half the local library - I needed to research dual-nature angel/demons for something.  It was interesting.

From there to a rendezvous with my husband and a meet-up with my big bother A and his ladyfriend M.  We wandered the German market, A poring over all the pretty colours while M and I assessed his mental age - I went for 10, but with the air of one who's spent more time with him lately, M said 7... We went for hot drinks, wandered Leeds looking at the Christmas lights... A had brought his copy of 'The Sundered' with him for me to sign, which was quite fun.

T and I got home about quarter past six, starving hungry and rather cold.  But it's good to catch up sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment