Sunday 1 December 2013

Advent Begins...!

Some of my friends really don't like Christmas.  Me, I love it, in spite of everything that comes with it. I love the sense of bringing light into the dark spaces of the year.

And I love Christmas Trees!

Our tree has decorations dating back thirty or more years.  In the middle is a little winking angel my mother gave me in the 1970s.  She didn't used to be a winking angel, but over the years, she's thinned out on top, lost most of her halo, and one eye has vanished, giving her a very rakish look.  There are cross-stitched decorations I made in the 90s, bells, camels, and two new decorations for this year - hand-decorated by the talented S in blue and silver.

Talking of trees, I went walking in Judy Woods last week with S and her black lab.  Cue more photos...



There have recently been storms, hence the fallen leviathan in the central image.

I love these woods.

1 comment:

  1. I still think it's too early to decorate - even if the tree looks lush. x

    ReplyDelete