Thursday 5 December 2013

Advent Calendars and Advent Boxes and a Shameless Self-Promo

I'm writing this while watching the Sadler's Wells production of Matthew Bourne's 'Swan Lake', recorded from Sky Arts.  While this may  not seem to have any connection with advent calendars, bear with me and I'll try to explain... but don't hold your breath!

Monday's fictionfest featured a story which included, as one of its characters, an avian human with swan-like wings.  This story led to a friend of mine asking if I'd ever seen Bourne's  'Swan Lake', in which all the swans are portrayed by male dancers. I hadn't; she lent me her DVD, and I was an instant convert.  What's more, I can even claim watching it to be research.  Said research led me, eventually to the BalletBoyz and their all-male contemporary dance company.... and the BalletBoyz have an online advent calendar...

http://advent-calendars.org/online/?yt=P4zKyx78FAb%2BjPQVLiSztJ8%2BTZ4a8ufp08D%2BkDfIWBsTxct%2BS62iuj65ke8%2Bd6bOrWWS1sV%2BeAzK2D9u6ib%2BK5QdX6GYd9H%2BO5lQlHuN7wp%2BAdznhiCRpwx%2BGNIq5yfobaR%2By_vr_koeQk0%2BxD7Ys1FOG0V%2BxaCjVWFzuTx%2B5MsVU6ZxbIj%2BfBadwxWGZnN%2B0WlgTEFNeHL%2BZuJaO6RbtMp%2Bf9DLwyqCqlV%2B-s2nxXDpapx%2BueqcMoqhs2N%2ByF8RKRLFmbD%2Btf_G_pRbK6V%2B8jfHWBynhTR&t=Onyyrgoblm%20Nqirag%20Pnyraqne%202013&i=uggc%3A%2F%2Fevpuneqwnzrfbayvar.pbz%2Fvzntrf%2Fovtoblm.wcrt

Not every day features the Boyz; there's an eye-opening performance by Christopher Walken on Day Two.  it's reasearch.  Honest.

Advent Boxes.  So far, my Advent Box from the lovely and talented and creative S has given me... Christmas cupcake cases, I heart Santa socks, Christmas tissues, a beautiful little bag made from recycled materials, and a sandwich box with a monkey face. This last had a little note: this made me think of you.

Finally, to mention samples of my work are now up on Authonomy and YouWriteOn.  I'm getting lots of helpful feedback and it's even generating the odd sale or two... Hurrah!

No comments:

Post a Comment