Wednesday 29 January 2014

Mumblings...

Struggling to get started today. I'm two-thirds of the way through my third edit of 'Fallen' and coming to the places where I need to merge two scenes into one and that always means a considerable rewrite.  But I have to wait in for both a delivery and a collection and so I have the time, at least.

It's been an odd week.  I've written a flash-fiction story for a competition - a little, local competition hosted by Pudsey Library to celebrate their building's 50th anniversary.  As all I can write at the moment is angels, we have 'An Angel Returns to Pudsey'. Not sure it it's what they want, although it fits the brief of 'Pudsey, past or present', because there might be a bit too much angel and not quite enough Pudsey in the story.  But we'll see.

I'm breaking in a new (to me) laptop.  My previous one has started overheating occasionally and the keys stick from overuse, so my lovely husband bought me a second hand replacement - a Samsung series 3. It's gorgeous, a beautiful, handsome machine with an excellent keyboard that's actually better for my shoulder and wrists as I type.  And play.  I didn't think I knew enough about laptops to be able to tell the difference in quality, but this machine is so much nicer to use than my Toshiba!

I don't want to seem ungrateful - the Tosh worked hard and I've written some pretty good stuff on it - but the Samsung feels like coming home.  And it's very humbling to see how much faith my husband has in me - he didn't tell me he was doing this, just, after it arrived, that he knew I needed a good laptop for my writing.  So I guess I'd better get selling stories, then!

Right.  Off to crochet a granny square now and hope it gets my brain into gear.

PS Don't forget the Name an Angel competition...

No comments:

Post a Comment