Friday 31 January 2014

Finished... just in time to start again!

I finished my third draft of  'Fallen' last night, hurrah!  Although it's fairer to say I got to the end of it. The third draft has shown places where I can tighten the plot, enhance some of the motivations, add more character and colour, and link in with earlier themes.

Key amongst these is a revelation about Portia's past, currently stuck on near the end of the book where it would make more dramatic sense to have it earlier.  Only I'm waiting for my two 2nd-draft beta readers to finish so I can ask for input.  Should she reveal it to her SO? Or her BFF? But then the BFF, if she's any kind of a friend, would know already, surely? Therefore I need to let the subject be revealed through dialogue between Portia and her BFF, and then she can tell her SO later on...

I also need to increase the menace near the beginning and I think I know how - so off I go to my 'finished' draft to play with it again.

Oh, and thank you for listening. You've actually been very helpful.


No comments:

Post a Comment