Wednesday 16 October 2013

Works in Progress

Anyone who gets an email from me will be unable to ignore my signature; it's a list of my Works in Progress and is always far too long.  Some of the titles are there to remind me, to nag, even, that I have to get back to them, some day.  Others are projects I've set aside to come back to, pending research, percolation, or simply because I have a new, fresh, burning idea that needs to be released onto the page.

But the list does change; often, there are short stories for competitions, or for one or other of the two writer's groups I go to.  And sometimes - just sometimes - one of the titles will move.

Presently, my sig looks like this:

Currently Writing:
Slim Girls Don't Stitch, a Novel
The Everdeath Effect - a sequel to 'The Personators'
The Peaceweavers - a Dark Age novel of love and betrayal
Talisman  - the story of a Minoan bull-dancer
'The Night Stairs' A short story for Writers in the Rafter's Year End anthology.

Currently Editing:
'Fallen' From an idea by Terry Moran.

Currently Reading:
Emily Bronte
Seutonius' 'Lives of the Emperors'.
Irvine Welsh 'Trainspotting'

Currently Promoting: 
'The Sundered' by Gill Moran - now available on Amazon.co.uk

Last night, I finished the last title on the Currently Writing list; 'The Night Stairs', now renamed 'One for Sorrow'.  It will be presented to Writers in the Rafters tomorrow and then submitted to the year-end anthology. And then it's time to get on with my edit of 'Fallen'.

No comments:

Post a Comment