Tuesday 21 October 2014

Autumn in Farnley

So, I have had a gentle nudge reminding me to update my blog... no story for you today, I'm afraid, but I do have a few pictures instead...

 This is my quince tree.  it grows in my front garden and has pretty pinky-white flowers in the spring which are beautifully fragrant. Sometimes, it has quinces on, too.
 The view from my garden across the Ring Road. Yes, it is a main road in a big city - only 4 miles out from the city centre.
 A cherry tree in the neighbouring garden. It has such stunning colours.
Another shot of the cherry tree. I love its flame-bright colours.
And a close-up of a quince on the tree.  I'm visiting a friend later in the week and hope I can photograph more lovely autumn pictures then.

It was my son's birthday at the weekend and I made cakes...

Spot the deliberate mistake...?
Hs are so over-rated, yes?

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment